A pre-approval is a written indication of how much you can borrow before you start looking for a new house.
- It puts you in a strong negotiating position when you are ready to make an offer on a property, because you already know that your finance has been pre-approved.
- It means you can move faster when the right house comes along, because you already know how much you can offer on the property.
- It saves time once your offer has been accepted you have already provided your paper-work to me. You only need to worry about getting the checks done on the property, instead of scraping together payslips, bank statements etc once the clock is ticking!
How much should I get Pre-Approved for?
We usually arrange the pre-approval for the maximum amount you wish to borrow, so that you are covered for any properties up to that pre-approved limit. If you find a house for a lower price, that is fine because we don't finalise your home loan until after your offer has been accepted.
Does a Pre-Approval have conditions?
Your pre-approval will be subject to certain conditions, such as:-
1. Satisfactory sales & purchase agreement for the property you are purchasing
2. Registered Valuation - sometimes required, sometimes not - depending on the amount of deposit you have, the type of dwelling it is, and whether the sale is through a licensed real estate agent or private sale.
Once I have obtained your pre-approval, contact me before you put an offer in. This gives me an opportunity to run the address of the new house past the lender, who can do an online check of the property. I can then let you know whether or not you need to include a valuation or finance clause in your conditions of offer.
How Long is a Pre-Approval valid for?
A pre-approval is valid for 2-6 months, depending on the bank. If you don't find a suitable house in that time, we can easily renew your pre-approval by providing some updated information to the bank.
Not ready to apply yet?
If you would like some more information, please contact me, and I will be in touch with the information you have requested.